‘Playboy rapist’ granted parole despite victims’ fears

Eastern suburbs lothario and “playboy rapist” Simon Monteiro will be back on the streets within a month after being granted parole, despite his victims’ fears that lives could be in danger.
老域名出售

Monteiro, who has served almost 10 years of a 12-year sentence for the rape and assault of a girlfriend in Bellevue Hill in 2009, will be eligible for parole from January 30 if his post-release accommodation passes review.

A State Parole Authority spokeswoman said Monteiro, who has changed his name from Simon Lowe, would be released under “strict conditions such as electronic monitoring, drug and alcohol testing and psychological counselling”.

“He will remain under strict supervision until his maximum sentence expires in April 2020,” the spokeswoman said. “The offender will be required to live at an approved address and not visit the local council areas of Randwick City, Waverley and Woollahra.”

Fairfax Media revealed Monteiro’s imminent release in September, including a chilling warning from victims of the former model and aspiring actor that they fear his release could put lives at risk.

In a submission to the parole board last year, and provided to Fairfax Media, one of his victims, Kim Gentle, said she believed Monteiro’s offending would only escalate, and pointed to the case of Adrian Bayley, the paroled rapist who raped and killed Melbourne woman Jill Meagher.

Simon Monteiro has been granted bail. Photo: Supplied

“His release into society not only puts me at risk again but also many of his past victims,” she wrote in her submission. “The offender is an extremely narcissistic, violent recidivist ??? with many antisocial mental health issues that are still variously diagnosed [and] with a history of committing offences whilst on bail.”

In custody, Monteiro has assaulted prison staff and threatened to rape a guard’s wife. He was denied parole in 2015 and 2016.

His offences have been the subject of a petition signed by more than 30,000 ns to keep him behind bars and reform the parole system “to ensure that offenders who are not truly reformed and continue to pose a risk to the community are not released, even if their sentence is up”.

Monteiro told the parole authority the online petition was “based on a lot of things … that are not true”, and unfairly painted him as “monsters incorporated” and “the anti-christ”.

Monteiro, 51, had once boasted Hollywood connections, including a brief relationship with Oscar nominee Barbara Hershey.

A spokeswoman for Corrections Minister David Elliott said the state government “opposed parole and is disappointed with the outcome”.

“Legal advice is being sought to determine what further action can be taken,” the spokeswoman said.

Posted in: 老域名出售